Implementing a web content WiFi filter for airports not only improves the quality of the service provided to travelers, but can also improve security. A web filter creates a safe browsing environment and prevents travelers and airport staff from accessing inappropriate online content.
Prevent Travelers and Staff from Accessing Inappropriate Online Content
One of the main reasons for implementing a web content WiFi filter for airports is to prevent travelers and airport staff from accessing inappropriate online content. Although protecting minors and other members of society from potentially harmful or offensive material can sometimes be achieved with an acceptable use policy, a web content filter for airports polices what online content can be accessed on order to prevent inappropriate online content from being openly viewed in places of public access.
A Web Content WiFi Filter for Airports Can be Used to Keep the Network Secure
The threat from malware and hacking is increasing. Mobile devices are a target for cybercriminals, and WiFi networks can now be infected maliciously or accidently by an infected mobile device connecting to it. By implementing a web content WiFi filter for airports, websites known to contain malware can be blocked and the risk of drive-by malware downloads reduced. This security measure will help to keep an airport’s network protected, while also creating a much safer Internet environment for travelers.
Reduce the Strain on Airport WiFi Networks
One of the issues faced by operators of public WiFi access points is ensuring sufficient bandwidth is available for all users. Certain online activities can eat up bandwidth considerably, such as downloading large files, streaming sports events, or watching online movies. A web content WiFi filter for airports can be configured to reduce the strain on a WiFi network, restrict the bandwidth that is allocated to each user and ensure that all users are able to connect to the network and receive acceptable Internet speeds.
Key Features of WebTitan’s Web Content WiFi Filter for Airports and Transport Hubs
WebTitan Cloud for WiFi is a cost effective and practical web filter, ideally suited for use in airports. The cloud-based solution can be easily implemented and can be filtering the Internet in a matter of minutes. Configuring the web filter does not require a degree in computer programming; the interface is intuitive, easy-to-use, and maintaining and updating web filtering preferences is a quick and straightforward process.
Our scalable web filtering solution can be used to control Internet access via any number of WiFi hotspots, in any number of airports.
Some of the key features of our web content WiFi filter for airports are listed below:
- Create a family-friendly, safe and secure web browsing environment
- 100% cloud-based web filter with no limits on the number of WiFi hotspots or routers
- DNS web filtering can be configured in a matter of minutes
- Manage access points through a single web-based administration panel
- Delegate management of access points
- No additional hardware purchases required
- No limit on the number or types of devices used to connect to WiFi hotspots
- No latency on Internet speed
- Links to Active Directory to allow privileges to be set for user groups and individuals
- Highly granular filtering controls
- Block content by URL, keywords, website category, or by website score
- Prevent unsafe online behavior to reduce hacking risk
- Block file attachments known to be used to deliver malware (E.g. exe, zip, scr, bat, .js)
- Suite of reports to monitor users and gain insight into customer behavior
- Gain a real time view of Internet activity
- Integrate the solution into existing systems through a suite of APIs
- Apply time-based filtering controls
- Multiple hosting options, including within your own data center
- World class customer service
- Highly competitive pricing and a fully transparent pricing policy
Further Information on Our Web Content WiFi Filter for Airports
Contact our sales team today for advice on how to seamlessly implement a web content WiFi filter for airports, for details of pricing, and for a product demonstration.