Offering rail passengers free Internet access can enable a rail network operator to capture business from short haul flight companies and bus networks; however, it is recommended that a web content WiFi filter for trains is implemented. A web filtering WiFi solution can help conserve bandwidth, prevent passengers from engaging in unacceptable online activity that could cause offense to fellow passengers, and reduce the risk of legal action by copyright holders.
A Web Content WiFi Filter for Trains Can Prevent Access to Inappropriate Content
There are a number of reasons why it is recommended to implement a web content WiFi filter for trains. Possibly highest on the list is to protect children from inappropriate content – either being viewed by another passenger or accessing it themselves on their own mobile devices.
A great deal of Internet content is unsuitable for minors, and only by restricting access to all potentially harmful content can train operators ensure that their younger passengers are protected.
The same could be said about older passengers too, who may be offended by the Internet user in the seat next to them viewing pornography or websites advocating religious intolerance or racial hatred. A web content WiFi filter for trains can be configured to prevent these scenarios from happening.
Prevent Bandwidth Hogging Activities by Rail Passengers
Trains are often preferred over driving and air travel by business travelers as it is possible to use WiFi networks to work or stay in touch with the office. If the Internet speed is slow, or travelers are prevented from connecting to the Internet due to a lack of bandwidth, this important benefit of rail travel is lost.
Since there is only a limited amount of bandwidth available for passengers, rail network operators can use a web content WiFi filter for trains to exercise control over the type of online services that can be accessed. This will help to ensure that sufficient bandwidth is available for all passengers. Preventing access to bandwidth hogging activities such as live sports streaming and movie websites can help to conserve bandwidth to ensure equal Internet speeds for everyone.
Keeping Users’ Devices Malware Free
While it is the responsibility of the individual to avoid visiting risky websites that may contain malware, it is possible to configure a web content WiFi filter for trains to reduce the risk of malware infections. Preventing the download of potentially unsafe file attachments, blocking known phishing sites, and blocking access to malicious third party adverting networks will reduce the risk of malware infections. Providing this service through a web content WiFi service for trains is a quick and easy process, and is one that is likely to be appreciated by passengers.
Web Filtering Can Reduce Legal Risk
Some individuals may choose to use the additional anonymity offered by a train WiFi connection to download films, TV shows, and music from copyright-infringing P2P websites. The entertainment industry is cracking down on illegal downloaders, and legal action is being taken against individuals who illegally share copyrighted material and the companies that permit the activity. By configuring a web content WiFi filter for trains to prevent the use of P2P websites, anonymizer services, Torrent, and Warez sites, rail network operators can reduce the risk of legal action.
WebTitan Cloud for WiFi – Protection for WiFi on Trains and Public Transport Networks
WebTitan’s web content WiFi filter for trains is a cost effective, practical, and convenient web filtering solution that can protect passengers from exposure to inappropriate content, improve the quality of the Internet service provided, eliminate bandwidth issues, keep users´ devices malware free and reduce the risk of legal action.
Some of the beneficial features of WebTitan’s wireless web filtering solutions include:
- 100% cloud-based Internet filtering requiring no additional hardware
- Easy installation, configuration, and maintenance
- Scalable solution for rail transport networks of all sizes
- Protection of multiple WiFi hotspots with no limits on access points or number of devices connecting
- Manage access points through a single web-based administration panel
- Delegate management of access points
- Web filtering for all mobile devices: Laptops, smartphones, tablets, and wearable devices
- No latency – WebTitan Cloud for WiFi does not affect Internet speed
- Granular controls allow transport networks to extensively filter objectionable online content
- Easy blocking of websites by URL, keyword, or website category
- Internet access reports maintained for audits and insight into customer behavior.
- Upload blacklists and create whitelists
- Reduce the risk of phishing attacks
- Block malware and ransomware downloads
- Inspect encrypted websites with SSL certificates
- Schedule and run reports on demand
- Gain a real-time view of internet activity
- Multiple hosting options, including within your own data center
- World class customer service
- Highly competitive pricing and a fully transparent pricing policy
Contact WebTitan Today for Further Information
For advice about implementing a web content WiFi filter for trains, details of the full range of benefits of WebTitan Internet filtering solutions and product demonstrations contact our sales team today:
US Sales +1 813 200 9460
UK/EU Sales +44 (0)247 699 3641
IRL +353 91 54 55 00
or email us at email@example.com